Award Winning Creative Hairstylist and Educator Founder and Owner of RKW Hair
Hello, I started my career straight from leaving school as an apprentice and have been in hairdressing for 22 years now. After completing my apprenticeship I continued to build on my established clientele, working in the south east and by the age of 18 I had begun my training to become an assessor and assist in the delivery of salon training.
My love and enjoyment of assessing and helping others to train in hairdressing grew and I then became an academy instructor, teaching and assessing hairdressing whilst delivering customer service qualifications too. By the age of 23 I was Education Manager for a medium sized hairdressing company, overseeing all training across 10 salons and mentoring new assessors and instructors into the world of hairdressing.
Throughout my career I’ve won a number of company awards such as Apprentice of the Year, Employee of the Year, and an overall Outstanding Achievement Award. I have also partaken in annual company competition shows and scooped a 2nd place award too. Later down the line, a part of my role as Education Manager was being involved with the Show Team and even comparing live on stage. Another achievement I am particularly proud of was leading the team to a grade 2 ‘Good’ result following an Ofsted inspection.
Throughout my whole career my passion has been for styling hair, especially wedding hair. Since my own wedding in 2012 I just couldn’t get enough and took the plunge to set up RKW Hair- a wedding hair business based in Kent and the South East. RKW Hair has a home studio for all hairdressing services, no matter what the occasion. RKW Hair also offers everyday services such as colours and cuts.
- Diploma to teach in long life learning sector
- Level 4 Award in the Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practice
- Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Vocationally Related Achievement
- Level 3 Award in Assessing Competence in the Work Environment
- NVQ level 2 & 3 Hairdrressing
- NVQ Level 3 Customer Service
- Clynol Colour & Perm Diploma
- Kent Woman in Business Awards 2017 RKW Hair – Winner ‘Mumpreneur’
- Kent Wedding Awards 2017/18 & 2019/20 Finalist ‘Wedding Hair Styling Award’